Sign in or
- Nuuk MarathonLooking for a beautiful course, whether it’s flat or hilly? Here are some good picks:
- Big Sur International, CA. The hills here are a killer, but no one cares because the vistas are so stunning.
- Durango, CO. This course, which starts in a quaint turn-of-the-last-century historic mining town, takes you through some stunning fall foliage (aspen, oak and cottonwoods).
- Honolulu, HI. Diamond Head, Honolulu Harbor, Waikiki Beach — need we say anymore?
- Marine Corps, Washington, DC. Running this race gives you a tour of D.C.’s monuments, memorials and landmarks. But this is a popular race that fills up in about two days, so you have to register quickly.
- Mayor’s Midnight Sun, Anchorage, AK. Not only do you get to run during Alaska’s summer solstice, but you’ll be on Anchorage's award-winning trail system, which runs from the Chugach Mountain foothills to Cook Inlet.
- Mount Desert Island, Bar Harbor, ME. This marathon starts in Bar Harbor, then proceeds along the Hunters Beach Trail, past overlooks for Seal Harbor and the Cranberry Isles, etc. before ending in Southwest Harbor.
- St. George, UT . This race begins in the majestic Pine Valley Mountains, runs through scenic southwestern Utah and ends in beautiful Worthern Park.
- The Avenue of the Giants, Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA. The entire race runs through a canopy of majestic redwoods.
- The Louisiana Marathon.Friends, family and curious spectators will line up along the 26.2 miles of roadways filled with inspiring sights and sounds to cheer on the many that chose to run. Thecourse features a fast, flat, runner-friendly path through the lakes, along the river, around downtown, on the university campus and in historic neighborhoods.
- Sedona, AZ. Who can resist a run through the red rock spires of Sedona?
- Twin Cities, Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN. Billed as “The Most Beautiful Urban Marathon in America,” the course runs through scenic parks, past four lakes, along the Mississippi River and ends at the state Capitol in St. Paul.
- Estes Park Marathon, CO, USA This race takes you on a spirit soaring journey around Estes Park, gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, CO. Challenging course with breathtaking views of the Continental Divide - “Do this run to celebrate all that you love about running. . .and to experience the grandeur of a spectacular part of the world.” Marathon, marathon team relay, half marathon, 10K, and 5K + KIDS FUN RUN! the day before.
Recommend another scenic course! Click EasyEdit to add a description and link on this page.
Share photos from your race—post them in the gallery!
Latest page update: made by RunTLAM
, May 21 2012, 7:01 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by RunTLAM
56 words added
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.